Launch of the Alternative Trade Mandate campaign – 26/27 November, Brussels
The ATM belief is that Europe´s trade has to be fundamentally changed. Our alternative respects human rights, and is democratically controlled by parliamentarians and the public. It is ecological, respects gender equality and creates justice between countries, social classes and ethnicities. We propose a trade policy that increases economic, social and environmental well-being globally. On 26 and 27 November, shortly before the next ministerial of the World Trade Organisation in Bali, we want to present this alternative to the world.
We are planning:
- an inspiring assembly with activists from Europe and the global South, to present and discuss our alternative and our campaign towards the European elections in 2014
- am energising and powerful protest action to bring our message to the media, the wider public and decision-makers
- a jolly evening concert with food, drinks and dancing to the tunes of our vision
- register (use the ATM-launch-registration-form, to be sent to alternativetrademandate(at)gmail.com)
- share the invitation with your partners and colleagues who may be willing to join
And don´t hesitate to contact alternativetrademandate(at)gmail.com if you need further information on the event and its practical aspects !
See logistical information – maps, potential accomodation? – here : Logistical Information for ATM launch event 26-27nov2013