Seattle to Brussels Network is looking for a Social Media and Communication Expert
The Seattle to Brussels network is looking for a freelance social media and communication expert for 2021 for 10h guaranteed hours per month at fixed rates.
Seattle to Brussels is a network of European civil society organisations working for a new, democratically accountable trading system that advances economic justice, social well-being, gender equity and ecological sustainability, and that provides decent jobs and necessary goods and services for all people. Our focus is on trade and investment agreements on the European level, like the EU-Mercosur free trade agreement or the Energy Charter Treaty.
We are looking for an experienced social media and communication expert committed to our values of social and climate justice who understands the needs of a diverse network that needs to communicate both on the European level and in various national contexts and helps us translate our messages to a wider public and policy makers.
The role of the communication expert is to:
- develop campaign messaging in collaboration with the S2B-coordinator and other key actors within our network
- working with the S2B-coordinator and other key S2B actors to create well-planned, co-ordinated and high impact social media content on an ad hoc basis for actions of our network
- Commitment to the values of the S2B-network
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience of working in communications and with civil society organisations
- Ability to translate complicated often technical sounding issues into understandable political messages
- Up-to-date knowledge on social media strategies
- Graphic design skills for social media
- Flexibility and availability on short notice
- Ability to work closely with others in non-hierarchical structures, in an often high-pressured environment
- Ability to manage own workload without close supervision.
- Able to speak any other of the EU languages
- A strong network amongst EU focused journalists
- Audio and video design skills for social media
- Understanding of EU trade and investment policy
- 10h guaranteed hours per month at a rate between €50 and €100 per hour (depending on experience and where the person is based) for the year of 2021 beginning from the month you start in (as early as possible)
- Collaboration with the leading civil society force on trade and investment policy in Europe and a network of highly motivated trade and investment campaigners and experts.
If you feel you meet the criteria please send your CV and a cover letter as well as 3 examples of successful social media posts you did by February 7 to email@example.com. Your letter should highlight how your skills and experience are well-suited to the requirements of this position. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by February 10 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted). We are looking forward to your application. Read more about the S2B network at: www.s2bnetwork.org